Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Best Workout Ever!!!

Ok so I've posted about my relapses and workouts that I like to do.. and sooner than later, I'll post different recipe's that I like to cook.

But anyway, I'm off work today so I was able to spend more time at the gym today. To warm up, I started on the eliptical for 5 minutes. Then, I moved to 3 different leg machines where the primary tool is your legs. I'll get the names of those machines when I go back to the gym tomorrow.

Then, the core of my workout, I go over to the studio part of Bally's, grab a yoga ball and do this exercise that a personal trainer taught me. Here are the instructions on how to do it: (this is an ab workout)

1. Lay flat on your back and fold your legs so that they make a 90 degree angle. lying down, you should look like this:

__---

the full line is your back, where the lines connect is your bent knees, and the dotted/dashes lines are your legs.

2. Take the yoga ball and place it inbetween your legs.

3. With your right arm, reach up to touch the left side of the ball. Go back down and with your left arm reach up and touch the right side of the ball. So basically, you are going on opposite sides of your body when you come up.

THIS SHOULD HURT! ESP IF YOU ARE A BEGINNER OR NOT VERY ADVANCED IN USING THESE MUSCLES. IF IT HURTS, THEN GREAT. IF NOT, THEN YOU PROBABLY ARE NOT DOING IT RIGHT.

For the mose part, you should feel your lower abs working the most.

4. Repeat reps of 15 with each arm so that when you are done with your very first rep, you have done 30 altogether.

----

I'll post more exercises I do and I'll even try to take some pictures of it for you! Enjoy! Tell me about your success!

Add to Technorati Favorites

2 comments:

  1. Hey! Those yoga balls are pretty nifty. I used to have one until I threw something on it and it popped. I used to use the eliptical machine too and think it is the bomb. I dont do anything anymore except walk and swim. Oh work in the yard..it stinks to get old. I do belong to weight watchers and have lost almost 40 pounds total, but I put 10 of it back on after we adopted our kids. Im back at weight watchers and lost three pounds this week. So, Im routing for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. niceeee! My friend tried weight watches but she was not fully committed so she ended up wasting her money. One thing I like about weight watchers the whole point system thingy.. but yeah.. I really really wanna loose like.. 30-45 pounds. did you see my pics below? I'm gonna get there one day soon! lol & I'm routing for you too!

    ReplyDelete